Terms and Conditions Fit Forever Gym Cavan
Code of Conduct
Payment and Cancellation
Last update 02/10/2023
- These Terms and Conditions may change as we continue to evolve our business or external factors require us to do so.
- If we change these Terms and Conditions, we will post the revised document here on the Fit Forever Gym website, and such changes will be effective immediately upon that posting.
- Your continued use of the website constitutes your acceptance of such changes and agreement to be bound by the modified Terms and Conditions, and so we recommend that you review these Terms and Conditions periodically when accessing or using the facility.
- All members must use the code scanning function for contactless entry into Fit Forever Gym.
- Members can get their swipe card at the club, and to replace a lost card swipe card, there will be a €5 cost per card.
- We recommend that before using the club, you familiarise yourself with the fire exits and emergency routes in case of evacuation.
- Please note that employees are NOT required to “seek & search” the building. Therefore, it is the responsibility of each individual to follow the relevant instructions.
- Membership refers to the use of the facilities at Fit Forever Gym, including attendance at classes.
- Members are required to comply with the rules and follow health and safety guidance as displayed on the premises.
- All members must watch the Fit Forever health and safety video and answer the Fit Forever health questionnaire in relation to COVID-19 and other safety functions within Fit Forever.
- This video and questionnaire will be sent to NEW members as part of their welcome email.
- Therefore, Fit Forever needs your correct email address on joining the gym.
- The use of Fit Forever Gym and its facilities is at the member’s own risk, and we shall have no liability for any loss, injury, or damage sustained by the member.
- Fit Forever Gym, its members, employees, and third-party agents are indemnified against any action or claim arising in injury, loss, damage, or death as a result of the member using the gym facilities.
- Due to the restricted number of parking spaces available at Fit Forever Cavan, a two-hour parking limit must be in place.
- By joining Fit Forever Gym, members are consenting to the use of video and photo recordings both in the form of CCTV recordings and for potential use on social media.
- Members are reminded to use the hand sanitizers throughout the club as well as use sanitizer wipes to clean machines after use.
- All Members MUST have a towel on entry – NO TOWEL NO ENTRY RULE will apply to every user.
- All members must wipe down machines before and after use.
- Members are NOT allowed to have gym bags on the Gym floor.
- Minimum required age to join Fit Forever Gym is 16 with parental consent.
- Lockers are provided for daily use only and may not be left in lockers overnight. Unclaimed property is kept on the premises for a maximum of 7 days and then is donated to charity.
- Fit Forever Gym is not responsible for any loss, damage, or theft of property.
- Members are responsible for providing a secure lock to protect their property in the lockers provided.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to members and to guests of Fit Forever Gym, both referred to as ‘members’ throughout.
- Members are required to leave the fitness floors 20 minutes before closing times if they wish to take a shower.
- Once a year our clubs may have to close over a weekend for general maintenance.
- Management reserves the right to refuse an application for membership or any entry to the Club.
- Management reserves the right to terminate membership at any time for any reason we see fit.
- In addition to this, management reserves the right to terminate membership due to non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions, including behaviour deemed detrimental to the welfare, good order, or character of the gym and its members.
- In addition, members must respect the Fit Forever health and safety measures outlined in the club; this is for the safety of Fit Forever staff and members.
Code of Conduct
- The gym and its facilities shall not be abused or damaged in any way.
- Any damage caused to Fit Forever Gym property due to a reckless or negligent act will be paid by you.
- Any/all sexual activities are prohibited within Fit Forever clubs.
- Any members participating in sexual activity will be asked to leave the club immediately and suspended from Fit Forever for up to 3 months.
- In severe cases, this can result in immediate cancellation of membership without any refund.
- Members and guests are encouraged to make any comment or complaint via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please ensure that all contact details are detailed in the email so a member of our team can contact you accordingly to discuss.
Payment and Cancellation
- Payment of monthly direct debits is due regardless of usage.
- In the event of default of payment, we reserve the right to reapply for the outstanding amount from your bank account or credit card on any day throughout the month.
- Ex-members wishing to rejoin the club will be asked to pay a joining fee plus any unpaid balance from the previous membership.
- Members wishing to transfer to a club that is currently in pre-sale can only do so once the club is open. They cannot join during pre-sale whilst already a member.
- Monthly members are subject to a monthly rolling contract and may not cancel their membership for the first 30 days of their first payment date.
- After the first 30 days, your membership may be frozen for €10 a month for up to 90 days (90 days does not apply to annual subscriptions).
- At the time of freezing your membership, you must provide a reactivation date, and on this date, your subscription will begin to charge you at your normal membership rate.
- This may be adjusted pro-rata if you freeze or unfreeze in the middle of a billing period.
- If you have been a member of the gym for more than 30 days and wish to freeze your membership, you can do so via email to email@example.com.
- Please allow 12-14 working days before the billing period to allow for a freeze.
- Requests for freezing shall be at the sole discretion of the Club.
- We require 12-14 days’ notice in writing to freeze a membership and the minimum time for freezing is one month. Members cannot apply to cancel while their membership is frozen.
- Members cannot apply to cancel while their membership is frozen.
- As for cancellations, all cancellations require a 30-day notice via the cancellation link upon your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This can also be done by visiting the club and completing the digital cancellation form.
- Monthly membership cancellations must be received by the 1st of each & every month.
- However, cancellations cannot be submitted in the same month as joining.
- A one full calendar month’s payment is required, which means a minimum of one month and a maximum of one month’s final payment will be necessary depending on the date the cancellation form is received.
- For example, if a digital cancellation form is received on the 1st of May, only May will be due.
- However, if received on the 2nd of May, both May and June monthly payments will be due.
- Requests for cancellation must be made on writing on a digital cancellation form available at Fit Forever Gyms.
- You will receive an email confirmation within 2 working days of completing the digital cancellation form – until you receive this email, the cancellation will not be valid.
- Membership cannot be amended while in the notice period.
- Verbal instructions to amend or cancel a membership cannot be accepted; all requests must be done via the digital cancellation form.
- Memberships can only be cancelled if subscription collection is up to date and active.
- Monthly fees and/or prepaid fees are not refundable.
- Please do not send a cancellation form by post.
- Fit Forever gym processes memberships via Stripe merchant and Stripe sends your statement each month. Please check your spam folder and look for Fit Forever Gym membership.
- Fit Forever shall have the right to suspend or withdraw Club privileges or membership from any Member who, in their opinion, has abused privileges or conducted himself or herself in a manner deemed detrimental to the Club staff or its Members.
- Such expulsion or suspension shall become effective immediately, and no reimbursement will be issued to such Member of the prorated portion of their unused monthly fees.
- There will be no refund of the joining fee.
- The Manager or a designee shall have complete charge of the Club whilst on duty.
- Members may be suspended or expelled from the Club immediately if they display conduct which is, or is likely to be, in the sole opinion of the Company, injurious to the character of the Club or the interests of the Members and staff, or if they commit a serious or repeated breach of these Rules, in particular where amounts owing to the Company are unpaid.
- An expelled Member forfeits all the privileges of the membership and all rights against Fit Forever.
- An expelled Member will not be entitled to any refund of their joining fee or subscription and must pay all amounts owed to Fit Forever.
- Fit Forever may assign the benefit of the Membership Agreement to a third party at any time without notice to the Member.
- A person who is not a party to the Membership Agreement has no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to rely upon or enforce any term of the Membership Agreement.
- The Company may communicate with the Members via electronic mail (“email”) and/or by SMS as set out in our Privacy Notice.
- Your data privacy and security are important to us.
- Please refer to our Privacy Notice which explains how we collect, store, and handle your personal data.
- CCTV Closed circuit cameras operate throughout the Club (except in the changing areas) (see our privacy notice for more information).
- Any unlawful activity within the Club may be reviewed for possible legal action.
- These Terms and Conditions are in addition to the standard Fit Forever Gym Terms and Conditions.
- Where you are applying for Corporate membership, company identification must be provided in the form of a company identification card or a payslip issued within the previous 3 months.
- Corporate membership is available to employees of specific corporations; please contact Fit Forever Gym directly for more information.
- Where an existing member wants to avail of this offer, this can be done at renewal only. No refund on existing membership will be processed.
Last update 02/10/2023